Saturday, December 18, 2010

People's Amber and Other Coalition Goodies


So Thursday I managed to drag my very tired and achy butt out of bed and hauled it up to Coalition to rack the Amber into secondary and clean out the carboys. We thought it might be ready to go on tap next week but they're only going to be open for two days, so we decided against it and instead will put it on the week after.

I was asked to make a batch of beer for an anniversary party in February and hopefully the law will have been changed by then, otherwise...I was thinking of making a belgium but that's kind of out of season, but I have it in my head that I really want to make something with elderberries and so I'm thinking I'll make an Elderberry IPA because I really want something purplish. I think I'll call this one Heart of Darkness.

So the bag of hops was one that Elan gave me as a thank you for coming in and racking and cleaning up after myself, which I thought was really nice of him. It's a 1# bag of Perle, and I think I'm going to use that one this spring to make some belgiums and give a bunch away because there is no way I'm going to go through a bag of Perle with just a few batches of beer.

The Pant(r)y Sweeper will be ready to rack onto oak this coming week and I'm planning on making something stronger this week to rack onto the yeast cake. Might as well try to get on a more regular brewing cycle. I'm really looking forward to getting a mash/lauter tun in a couple months so I can move to all grain, instead of these partial mashes.

No comments:

Post a Comment