Wednesday, January 12, 2011

I was tweet-worthy

@Beervana Jeff Alworth
Just had a righteous amber ale @CoalitionBrewin for their Coalator project. Mashinda Hedgmon was the homebrewer, & it was a perfect session.
7 Jan via web
Jeff Alworth of Beervana tweeted about my beer on Friday. How freakin' cool is that!

I have to say that the moment it was all over on Friday my mind immediately moved to new recipes, upgrading brewing stuff, and working on that chapter of my dissertation on women of color pedagogy. I really need to get that finished and off my back, then I'll feel better about writing that business plan and doing more research on People's Brewing. I've been thinking about writing a grant to see if I can get someone to pay me to do research on them. Unfortunately, I really need to finish up all these other projects before I jump into something new.

The elderberry IPA is coming along nicely. I do like the fact that the closet in the apartment stays really cool, mid 60s, and all my fermentations are taking longer but I think the results will be a better beer. I'm only slightly pressed for time on this one, but I think what I envisioned it to be will be right on. It'll spend a little time on oak and elderberries, before force carbonating. The aroma of elderberries was really prominent in the boil and when I changed to airlock from blow-off. Another 6 days in primary, I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment