Friday, July 9, 2010

Taste of Bliss


I have to pat myself on the back for this one. I finally got the beer cooled down enough to pour a glass. The last few days have been super hot and I have to admit I was hoping that the beer would be slightly less than stellar so I wouldn't have to share it. Unfortunately, this beer was as much a winner as the first one, so I guess I'll have to give it up.

The high points of this beer is the how the hop favor comes through. Initial taste has some hoppiness but the overall sweetness of the malt and caramel taste are really more forward. Midway through is when the hops come in and it's definitely a "WOW" I can taste them. What I like about this is that the hop flavor lingers long after you've swallowed and it's not the bitter aftertaste though there is quite a lot of bitterness. Aroma is the other aspect of this beer that I like. The aroma lasts throughout most of the drinking and becomes more fragrant as the beer gets warmer. Flaws for this beer is that it's really cloudy w lots of yeast in suspension. I'm hoping that as it ages it will clear up, because that is what happened with the amber. I think there's more flaws but I don't know what they are. I'll have to have someone with more experience tasting beers give me their opinion.

My recipe for braggot is on hold until next month but I like the recipe I have for it.

With everything going on in this world: The execution of an unarmed black man and the officer getting off with a measly manslaughter charge in LA. It seems silly to be focused on beer, but honestly, the other doesn't surprise me. The unfairness and cruelty acted on people of color by whites in power doesn't surprise me. That's just another day in the life. But something I can effect, my beer, well that keeps me sane.

No comments:

Post a Comment