Thursday, July 8, 2010

Wedded Bliss 2010 IPA


I just popped the IPA that I had carbonating for two weeks into the fridge to get cold. I did a quick test to see how it would pour and it had a nice bit of foam which makes me think that I was successful in carbonating it the old-fashioned way. I need a new hose faucet, especially when I have more than one keg that's filled. Soon I'll have two kegs occupied.

I think I'm going to try using kegs for long term storage instead of carboy secondaries. They block out light, I fill it with CO2 to push out the air and fill it and then top it off with CO2 and that keeps it from oxidizing. They don't break. They're smaller and easier to store. All of these are good reasons for using kegs for my long term beer and braggot storage and aging.

I'm expecting my new burner in the next couple of days, so I can start the braggot when the weather cools down. At least I'll have that going and in a keg and out of my way until the fall. I do want another beer on tap for drinking after this Amber that's in the keg is gone. The keg is feeling pretty light, so it should be soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment