Sunday, April 10, 2011

Though I've been brewing I haven't been blogging.

I'd like to see that change in the upcoming weeks but I think that will depend on whether or not I find a job and can cultivate a bit more stability in my life. While I'm figuring out whether or not the goal I'd been working toward for the last eight years is one I really want or if it's time to focus on my passion I thought I'd post a few of my better recipes.

This is by far my favorite beer. I made this one for Coalition Brewery's Coalator Program. Not too hoppy, color was spot on with a rosy red hue. The only critique given was about the carbonation level, which I agree does effect how the flavors sit on the tongue.

People's Amber

14# Pale malt (2 row)
2# crystal 60
2# crystal 75
1# flaked wheat

1/2 tsp gypsum

1.82oz Centennial (10.5% aa) @60
1.25oz Mt. Hood (5.9% aa) @30
1oz Willamette (5.2% aa) @ 10

wyeast 1332

OG range 1.052-1.054

I had a lot of leftover grains and I wanted to use them before they got old. I kind of threw together this one and used some dry yeast I had sitting around. I was really pleased with how well this beer turned out. I'll probably make something similar for the Collaborator competition, but using all grains instead of extract.

Pant(r)y Sweeper

3.5oz CaraAroma
3.5oz Belgium Debittered Black
2oz Extra Dark Crystal
4oz flaked wheat
14.6oz Light DME
4# LME
1.6oz Malto dextrin

.5oz Centennial (10.6%aa) @fwh
1oz Cascade (6.1% aa) @ 60
.6 oz cascade @30
.4oz cascade @10

safale us-05

OG 1.061

No comments:

Post a Comment