Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Mother's Little Helper Amber Ale

Update: With a little over 4 finished gallons in a keg in the basement fridge I was worried that my beer only tasted good to me. You know that idea that ugly children are beautiful only to their mother kind of thing. So I'd hesitantly been giving out bottles of beer to friends to try and so far it's been a hit. I believe one person actually said they'd buy it. That made me feel really good about my first attempt at AG brewing. I took a good look at it last night and it has a really nice deep amber color to it. It wasn't as clear as I would have liked it to be. It doesn't have good head retention but that is probably due to my carbonation process. One person noted the distinct floral aroma after she'd poured it and that it was a nice balance of sweet and hoppy.

I'm going to be back to partial mash or extract brewing for a while until I can get my hands on better equipment. The next beer will be an IPA.

No comments:

Post a Comment