Thursday, June 24, 2010

Racking the IPA to the keg

I'm right on schedule. I'm racking the IPA off of the oak and into the keg. The environment is not ideal, but hopefully for this it shouldn't take too much time and the risk of beer coming into contact will be minimal. Currently I'm waiting for my priming sugar to cool down enough to add to the keg.

3pm- I just finished racking the beer into the keg with the priming sugar. I took a final reading and came out to a FG of around 1.009 which gives me a final ABV of around 6%.

I gave it a little taste and smell and I have to say that I am impressed. It has a noticable hop aroma even uncarbed. I could taste the hoppiness. I believe I might be totally in love with this beer. We'll see how it tastes in a few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment