Thursday, August 6, 2009

Gettng a jump on my day.

I can't decide if I need to go to get a new fermenter bucket or just wait for the one I ordered to come in the mail. I'm running a little behind on the making of the Honey Bee Ale I planned for a friend's wedding on September 4. I planned on making this as gifts to give to her and her new husband and the wedding party. I don't want to hurry it but if I don't then no one will have anything to take home.

I have a lunch date this afternoon with my friend Brian, who really got me started on wine. Roundtrip to Northern Brewer in St. Paul by bus should take me about 1.5-2 hours which won't get me home in time to start any beer today before I have to do lunch then work my shifts at the fringe festival and then see a couple of shows tonight.

But if I go today and prepare to make the beer on friday morning then I'll still have a few hours until before I work again. Three weeks in primary and then bottle, no secondary should make it just in time to get it to the folks. Of course, they couldn't drink it for another 2 weeks, and considering everyone I don't think the beer will last.

No comments:

Post a Comment