Monday, August 10, 2009

Monday! Beer day!

I woke up this morning knowing that I was going to have to get up and head to Northern Brewer and pick up a new fermenter and some odds and ends. I kind of have to make the beer today because I left the yeast out Sunday morning and so had to smack it because it had already begun to swell. By this morning it was a huge tight ball of yeasty goodness and it needed to be put into something yummy.

I've got the AC cranked to avoid the really high humid temperatures we've been having. I have 2 beers going. One is the honey bee ale from midwest, which I'm keeping my fingers crossed will be ready in time for the wedding. At least if it isn't completely ready I have enough boxes to mail the beer to folks in the wedding party.

I put aside the spent grains from the steep in order to try my hand at making those dog biscuits that folks on the homebrew forum have posted. I don't have a dog but my neighbors do and it's not like I haven't already eaten some of the grains. I don't want to make something and feed it to a living creature without making sure that it is perfectly safe.

I forgot to post the MW Honey Bee Ale Recipe
here it is:

8oz Carapils
1oz Glacier @ 6% (60min)
1oz Argentinian Cascade (5min)
3.3# Gold Malt
3# Clover Honey
Wyeast #1056 American Ale

No comments:

Post a Comment