Monday, August 17, 2009

The new computer

The awesomeness of my new computer cannot be put into mere words. Yes, it's tiny, and I have a hard time relearning where all my fingers should go, but the space-saving properties and the mobility this baby will offer me just can't be denied. It's well worth the ten pages of writing I had to do just to earn it. A reward to myself.

A few updates on the beer and wine front. I didn't submit the braggot to the state fair, for the reason of consistency. OUt of 3 drank bottles, 2 were good the 3rd was a little iffy. They tasted fine and a lot like the Curmudgeon, except way darker in color and astringent in texture. It looks more like coke. I think I might just submit it to the Renaissance Faire instead. I have to bottle 1 batch of beer this week and another next week and start that partial mash sometime this week as well. I'm not sure how long the grains are going to hold up, but the scale arrived even if the 5 gallon pot didn't.

I had to start a dispute with paypal for non-delivery from brewsterbrown.com and I'm not pleased because not only am i out money I also don't have a pot to brew in. I'm hoping the notice from paypal will push this guy to contact me and let me know one way or another what is going on. I most likely will not buy from him again but I won't bad mouth him publicly either.

No comments:

Post a Comment