Monday, March 23, 2009

Jealous of a good night's sleep


A good night's rest was what I was hoping for last night. I think it was too much to ask because from about 3am until 7am when I finally shut my bedroom door, my cat kept coming into the bedroom and finding new ways to make me hate her. I spent four hours just dozing because she'd come in, climb on the windowsill and try to squeeze herself through the minibinds, which are already coming apart due to her last few attempts. I'd wake up and shoo her off. She'd come to the bed, lie down and I'd fall asleep, only to wake to her meowing or jumping on the dresser. The first time I got up I went into the living room and opened a blind, thinking that woud make her happy...No. The second time I got up and gave her food and water and pet her, thinking this would help...No. This last time I threw a sock at her...No. Finally, I closed the door and the next time she tried pushing on it and meowing I threw a shoe at the door and scared her into going away.

I got maybe an hour of uninterrupted sleep.

Hello Monday. I hate you.

No comments:

Post a Comment