Monday, March 30, 2009

Is it Monday already?


The last few days have been a blur. Between work, school, and going out with friends, if I'm not careful my body is going to rebel against me. I awoke with a hangover. Not a bad one, but the really irritating one, it's small enough to make everything I do uncomfortable but not bad enough that I can just stay curled up in bed.

Well I headed out and to get some work done around 9am. I came home around 1030am. I was not going to be productive today. I did manage to rack the cranberry-raspberry wine that had been fermenting wildly for over a week into a 3 gallon carboy. I thought I had enough for 4 gallons, but I didn't. This is the cran-rasp still going strong in the carboy. It hasn't fermented to dry yet and I debated whether or not to move it but I left plenty of room and I made sure to splash a lot when I racked. It's this funky pinkish color and it had formed a few floating caps and serious sediment on the bottom. It had reached a SG of 1.010 and I figure in a few weeks I'll rack again and hope it clears a little better, but I'm not shooting for early drinking I'm making some of these fruit wines for summer drinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment