Monday, April 13, 2009

Ancient Orange Mead


It's been a month and I looked at the mead and it was suddenly very clear, with this golden honey hue. it's not as golden in this picture as it is in real life. The comparison between that first picture(the one in the bucket list and this one) is like night and day. I was thinking I was going to use EC-1118 yeast and try to referment the yeast to get it a bit drier, but instead I think I will just make a new batch with this same recipe with the only change being the yeast. This still has another month to sit before I should rack it.

The Sack mead is still lemony and I added 1 tsp of energizer in order to jump start the yeast and continue fermenting. I know that honey is slow to ferment out and I've read that it could be at least 6 months for fermentation to stop and then you have a year before it's drinkable.

No comments:

Post a Comment