Saturday, April 11, 2009

I am not a killer...

Of yeasty beasties.

I woke up this morning to the sweet sounds of a bubbling airlock, the sign of fermentation coming from the braggot.

So looking at the recipe I realize that the only difference between this as a beer and it as a honey wine with beer accents is the honey and the fact that I don't use grains and it won't be carbonated. I could have done it without the hops and I think the next one will be less malt, honey heavier with hops but with a mead yeast.

There are recipes which use ale yeast and some with mead or wine yeasts. I think it's too early. This recipe is one I found on Gotmead.com and I had to modify it from 5 gal to my 1 gal and even then I ended up with a 2 gal recipe because I don't like really sweet meads and the PA was off the charts.

No comments:

Post a Comment