Friday, April 10, 2009

BRAGGOT!


Well I prepared the yeast yesterday so I didn't really have a choice but to push forward and start the braggot. I put it all together in a 2 gal fermenter and the Brix measurement was sky high, upwards of 36 (20.7), which would have been too much for the yeast to handle and would make the drink much too alcoholic. I added water to it before I moved it to a much larger fermenter it was at 30 (17.25) and ended up with a brix of 24 (13.8 PA).

It looks a little weird but that's all the hops floating on top.

Braggot

3lbs Wheat Malt
3lbs Clover Honey
1oz Cascade hops
Wyeast London Ale
2 tsp yeast nutrient

No acid blend because of the hops. I boiled the honey and the malt so I didn't add campden tablets because I had skimmed as much of the impurities as I could. It smells really hoppy, which is good because I like hoppy beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment