Saturday, July 11, 2009

Everything is clearing up nicely.
















I checked on the wines I have going so far and did a little adding of KMeta to the muscat since I had forgotten to do that when I racked it a couple of days ago. The sack mead is looking mighty clear now. I was a little hesitant to use the bentonite and I think in the future it will not be my go to way of clearing but I really want to get this into bottles and down to the basement and out of my mind as soon as possible. It's about 4 months old at this point.

The muscat directly to the right is looking beautiful and clearer than I expected since I topped up with the leftover muscat that had added sugar to it. I still have even more left which is currently in an airlocked bottle I think I might have to rack this a fourth time in a couple of months. I'm not sure about bulk aging this in my kitchen over the winter. I would rather get it as clear as possible and bottle age it in the basement over the winter in preparation for my graduation next May.

The red is the 2nd attempt at grape wine and that cleared better than the first one.

I just need to get on the ball and get these bottled and labeled (at least working labels, not presentation labels) and stored away.

I see two kit wines in my future, a red and a white, for an event in October, so I guess i should take a look at the new Midwest catalog and start picking stuff out.

Today is also Brew Day! I'm planning on starting that Nut Brown Ale I smacked the yeast activator and hopefully I'll see some activity in a couple of hours and can get this started before I have to go to bed this afternoon. Otherwise I could do it in the morning after work and before I go to the Farmers Market.

No comments:

Post a Comment