Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I couldn't resist

I couldn't resist pressing down slightly on the top of the fermenter. When it really starts fermenting any pressure sends bubbles into the airlock and so I pressed and *bloop*bloop* there were bubbles coming up. It wasn't a lot but some shows me that fermentation has started, it's not strong but it is way faster than I expected. I was hoping that would be the case, that the yeast was still very much active.

I think rather than racking another brown on this yeast I'll wash it and store it. Maybe make something else with this strain. To be honest i wasn't sure if it was going to work. My greatest concern still is contamination. I tried to keep everything as clean and sanitized as possible. I kept the lid on the fermenter, with the airlock on while I prepped the new batch. I made sure to clean and sanitize all equipment that came into contact with the wort.

I guess I can only do so much and just hope for the best.

I have to remember to post this success on the forum.

No comments:

Post a Comment