Thursday, June 18, 2009

And the bonehead Award of the year...


OK so even though I was pretty sure I was on top of my game, my current bottling experience has pretty much guaranteed that I will never miss a step like this one again.

I bottled the braggot. I got 18 bottles out of it. I added priming sugar...guess what i forgot to do with said priming sugar..oh yeah, boil it. That one HUGE important step...Dissolving said sugar in water...so I can pretty much kiss the chances of carbonation good-bye. Oh might get a little because it was still fermenting and had a 14 brix last time I checked but not beer worthy. I could have sworn my mind was in the game this morning. Did you know that priming sugar is non-fermentable when not dissolved in water first. Yeah, go figure.

I woke up. I ate breakfast. I even got a little work done. I did all this before I went into the kitchen and decided to bottle and stabilize my passion wine. Then I thought while I'm at it I should just stop doinking around and just do the braggot. I think I'm going to call it Dead Hoppy Foo Foo Braggot.

No comments:

Post a Comment