Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Pinot Blanc! Bottle!


today we bottled the Pinot Blanc. I really shouldn't be trying to update my blog after I've been drinking. We bottled about 26 bottles...28 bottles worth because I had like 2 pony's filled (1.5 liters) as well as 24 regular wine bottles and one weirdly shaped 375ml bottle. We ended up with about a glass worth of wine left in the bucket after we were all done.

My friend aimee put the labels on the bottles. As you can see on the right, I had to resort using the clear bottles.

Currently, I'm sitting in my living room a little intoxicated because I started mixing the merlot wth the strawberry soda and find that it's really good. I've made it through half a bottle of wine on my own. I'm thinking about moving onto the pizza and ice cream. Who thought that this post would devolve into an intoxicated rambling.

We went to Midwest today and I picked up a few airlocks, some wyeast to make another braggot but I need more malt because I think I'll make a larger batch. I'm fine tuning the recipe in my head but I don't want to put it into play until after I bottle the cranberry-raspberry so I can have an extra carboy available to rack and bulk age. It looks like time is the only thing that helps meads and I'm afraid to start these amazing meads because I'm not sure what or where I will be in a year.

I have 12 pounds of clover honey waiting to be made into a nice sweet mead. I want to use a basswood honey for this braggot and a lighter malt but I think I'll wait until I get a big brew kettle and wortchiller.

No comments:

Post a Comment