Saturday, June 13, 2009

Today as an act of procrastination (and the fact that I have two computer screens) I wasted a bit of my morning going from the one screen that had my dissertation on it to the other screen which had open windows forFacebook, MyYahoo, and my wine forum. Thank goodness I'm good at multitaksing or this would not be a workable setup. Anyway....back to procrastination. I decided that I wasn't going to get anything done after reaching a wall. I have a three page goal for the day. They don't have to be quality but they do have to be 3 full pages of something written. I hopped off my pilates ball and trudged to the kitchen where I grabbed my 6.5 fermenter and started a cleaner and some sanitizer.

I grabbed the cans of Alexanders concentrates and thgouth maybe I'll try that fortified wine idea.

I did not know that a Muscat was not a red grape variety. It is a white. I played with the idea of trying to make a fortified white wine and promptly threw that idea out of the window...cause I just don't have the courage to screw up semi-expensive concentrates. At 3 gallons I had a brix of
25 but added more water to get it to 4 gallons and sugar to get a brix of about 21. So I"m looking at a wine with a potential alcohol of about 12%. Most of the wines I've made have all been around the 11-13% alcohol range.

Dissertation Libation
2-46oz cans Alexanders Muscat
4tsp bentonite
3tsp yeast nutrient
2tsp acid blend
Lalvin EC-1118
Water for 4 gallons
OG is 1.088/Brix 21

No comments:

Post a Comment