Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Steel CAge: 3 Yeasts Enter...1 is Victorious!


This is the racked elderberr/pyment/grape concoction I threw together from the leftover wines, all with different yeasts. As you can see I have some serious fermentation going on here.

Once this settles down I will rack it again into something else and maybe add some oak chips to it. I figure with the way it's going I won't need to think about it for at least a week. I'm planning on a marathon bottling session with some friends next week as well. I want to get that cran-raspberry bottled and cellared for the summer before the weather starts to get too warm for extended periods of time.

I have a growing book list...I'm sure that I with the writing of my dissertation and the reading of new material I won't have time to read for pleasure about wine. That really does suck because I've had no luck with any responses about starting a home winemakers group here in the Twin Cities and I've posted on both Northern Brewer's site and the Midwest site.

I wish I had time to start going to the MN HOme brewer's meetings this summer but with all the work I have to get done I just can't justify the outside time. So it's kit wines for the summer and hopefully some cider when the apples are ripe and ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment