Saturday, June 20, 2009

No Mango but I did get the cranberry raspberry bottled

I ended up doing many things I hadn't planned on today. The first was getting up to go to the backyard and pick mulberries. Of course, there were no ripe ones. Those damn squirrels eat them and knock others to the ground. I hate squirrels.

The second was I ended up bottling the cranberry-raspberry because after i racked the muscat into the secondary 3 gallon I couldn't find a bung to fit. I had a universal bung but that didn't work. It kept popping out. So I had to scrounge up bottles, and then open up my new box of bordeaux bottles (I was saving those for something special, or at least a kit wine and not a fruit one). I had to get those washed and sanitized. In the end, I had about 14 bottles. the leftover I tried and it was much better than I expected it to be. The wine conditioner really helped. It's not drinkable right now but in about 6 months I'll try a bottle. I really need to get an accurate inventory, decent shelving for my work area, and bottle rack. Everything is so cluttered in the kitchen. If I just got off my butt and cleared out the dark cubby in my office I could store everything in there. It's cooler and out of the way.

I decided against starting the mango melomel until I bought a faucet adapter and picked up a few more pounds of mangoes from the market tomorrow. I'm going to try and go when my friend Katie goes so I can buy more and get a ride home. She's also interested in going berry picking but not for raspberries but since I want to try a chocolate blueberry port we might go do that later in the summer.

So far everything I have are all in secondary or bottled. Nothing on the horizon except a mead for Danielle and Jason's Wedding, another Braggot, and a beer kit. I'm still trying to decide what that will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment