Tuesday, August 24, 2010

BW Brew Day!


So today I woke up at 845am and knew in my bones that I just had to brew today. I've put it off and put it off for about a week. I know the reason. I haven't wanted to undertake a task as big as partial-mashing because not only am I PMing I'm also doing so with BW, an ingredient I have never worked with. My notorious procrastination tool is to read, read, read about a subject in the hopes of circumventing any problems that come my way.

As you can see I'm using that nifty partial mash technique I found on HBT where I mash in the pot on the stove and use the mesh bag to teabag the grains (though technically BW isn't a grain it's a fruit).

My various pots on the stove. The really large one in the back is the brew kettle but I'm mashing in this smaller one. I'm really hoping I get some fermentable sugars from the BW and not just a nice dark color.

No comments:

Post a Comment