Saturday, August 7, 2010

Nature at its finest


These are chardonney grapes (I think) from Barnaby's backyard vineyard. I took this picture and many more pictures a few weeks ago when I dog-sat for Sophie and Sabrina. I had just visited a couple of days ago and it was amazing how much growth there was in the span of a couple of days. I can't imagine what it will look like when I head over later today.

Today's weather was a nice reminder of the Portland that I love and missed. The cool, overcast and grey days that seem to stretch on for weeks. The days of endless sun just seem to make me pissy and introverted. Of course, it could be the lack of any brewing happening in my life that is making me pretty unhappy. The lack of space to work and money to get some last minute equipment is disheartening. I know it's important to prioritize and basic necessities always trump everything else, but it's really starting to wear on me.

My plan for today is to walk over to the library and drop of some books. Walk around the neighborhood and take some pictures and come back to the house and do a little writing this afternoon, then head over to the neighbors house to socialize.

No comments:

Post a Comment